Community Outreach / www.nhco.com
Ingomar Garden Club prides itself in having members of our club involved with community projects not always "garden-related" we feel their efforts relate to our goals. As a long time volunteer of North Hills Community Outreach, I feel that I contribute to helping clients that come in to the Allison Park or Millvale offices for assistance with food, heat, light, or rental problems to name a few.
Elayne Masters is a member of IGC and also volunteers at the North Hills Community Outreach. She keeps us up to date on what part we can play to help in their many projects.
NHCO is collecting new backpacks
NHCO is collecting new backpacks and school supplies to share with local children in need in
August. Donations are needed for all ages from preschool through high school. Gift cards for
school clothing also are appreciated in June, July and early August.
FOUR EASY WAYS YOU CAN DONATE ITEMS!
1. NHCO’s offices are open 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday.
2. We have special donation times on the FIRST Saturday morning of each
month from 9am-noon in our Allison Park pantry behind the main building.
3. You may call 412-487-6316 opt 1 to make alternate arrangements as
4. Or you can donate at other locations in the community.
They especially need
• New backpacks
• Colored pencils
• 24-pack Crayons
• Glue sticks
• Highlighters and markers
• Loose-leaf paper
• Pencils/mechanical pencils
• Pencil boxes and sharpeners
• Pocket folders
• TI graphing calculators for advanced high school science and math (Texas
Instruments). These can be gently used, as long as they are working.
To donate, contact Vicki at 412-487-6316, opt. 1, and to volunteer, contact Harriet at
412-408-3830 x 3204.
They respectfully request that items not be left outside due to potential damage from
weather, animals and insects.