Community Outreach / www.nhco.com
Ingomar Garden Club prides itself in having members of our club involved with community projects not always "garden-related" we feel their efforts relate to our goals. As a long time volunteer of North Hills Community Outreach, I feel that I contribute to helping clients that come in to the Allison Park or Millvale offices for assistance with food, heat, light, or rental problems to name a few.
Elayne Masters is a member of IGC and also volunteers at the North Hills Community Outreach. She keeps us up to date on what part we can play to help in their many projects.
Personal Care Collection Feb 17 / April 20
SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits cannot be used to purchasepersonal care items. These items are a necessity, and can be an expense that many low-income
families cannot afford. NHCO collects these items and gives them to families and individuals whouse our food pantries.Suggested items include:
•Shampoo, soap and shower gel (unscented is best)
• Body lotion (unscented is best) and lip balm
• Feminine hygiene products
• Shaving cream and disposable razors
• Toothpaste, mouthwash and toothbrushes
• Washcloths and shower poufs
Personal care items and toiletries donations are accepted year round and are
especially needed in March and April.
Please be sure to fill out a donation slip when you drop off your items…not only does the slip
serve as a thank you and for your tax record, but it is extremely important for our record keeping!
FOUR EASY WAYS YOU CAN DONATE FOOD or ITEMS!
1. NHCO’s offices are open 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday.
2. We have special donation times on the FIRST Saturday morning of each month from
9am-noon in our Allison Park pantry behind the main building.
3. You may call 412-487-6316 opt 1 to make alternative arrangements as available.
4. Or you can donate at other locations in the community.
We respectfully request that items not be left outside due to potential damage from weather, animals and insects.
- A member of IGC will collect items at the meeting for NHCO.